Thursday 15 September 2016

A Hawk, Pony and a Clueless Girl

    A Hawk, Pony and a Clueless Girl… sounds like the title for an obscure book or movie.

    This week I surprised myself by the amount of crafting I wound up doing. In addition to working on the Clueless doll project, two other craft projects spontaneously dropped into my lap.

    Today it is 'footy colours' day at my eldest's school. She wanted to wear a Hawthorn uniform, but… have you seen the price of those shirts?! Oh my! So instead I made her a Hawthorn Hawks badge, which she is now wearing with pride. I made this badge with my new needle felting tools.

Needle felted Hawthorn Hawks badge
made by Melissa Gaggiano
    My youngest liked the Hawthorn badge and asked me to make her a badge. Since she has yet to declare her loyalties to any team [though she is beginning to show an interest for soccer], I decided to make something cute for her. I needle felted a My Little Pony image onto one of her shirts. I have just finished this little project, and now my eyes are tired and I have one sore, speared finger.
© Melissa Gaggiano

© Melissa Gaggiano
     Earlier this week I finished designing and sewing the jacket onto Cher, the Clueless doll. Now that I know the jacket pattern works I will duplicate it for Miss Dionne, the other Clueless doll. After that the only thing left is to make accessories for these dolls.
© Melissa Gaggiano