Friday 24 April 2015

Precious Heart, Precious Lungs

CurlyPops Fundraising

    If all things were fair there'd be no conflict, no sickness


    Over the years I have made friends with people who

    There is no easy way for me to start this dialogue. But there is something really cool I want to share, and to get there I've got to walk through a heart breaking subject. For some this is literal.

    A couple of years ago, via the online crafting community, I made the acquaintance of a crafter with a degenerative lung condition. I loved her beautiful crafts but I was just as invested in her actual life line. This individual was on a waiting list for lungs transplant. She had a couple of those 'close but no cigar' situations. Calls in the middle of the night saying that they might have a match. Then it happens, this woman finally gets her bitter sweet happy ending. The loss of one star means that another star may continue. I am happy to conclude that my acquaintance has had a healthy set of lungs encased in her body for two years and her life has been back on track.

    Now let me get to the point of my post. CurlyPops [aka Cam], the aforementioned survivor has participated in the creation of a colouring book as part of a fundraiser for the Heart & Lung Transplant Trust (Victoria) Inc. All profits of this book go toward funding "the second chance accommodation project, which helps to fund the costs of accommodation for Interstate and Country Victorian Heart and Lung Transplant patients during their compulsory three month post transplant rehabilitation program at the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne". Check it out, while you're here visiting.