Tuesday 30 September 2014

Fab Finds #9

Great stuff…

1. Smart Girls at the Party is an internet sensation encouraging girls and ladies to be cool in a much better, smarter way. This site is a step in the right direction for feminism. It encourages smart talk amongst the girls and breaking down the walls of stereotypes. One of the creators of this friendly site is Amy Poehler, and she will respond to questions via video feed, covering issues as dealing with people, situations and using your head. There's so much more to it, but I'll leave that for you to explore...
Meredith Walker, Amy Miles, and Amy Poehler,
creators of the web series Smart Girls at the Party.
2. Softies for Mirabel is just round the corner and is a lovely festive season project to participate in. The aim is to make a  toy which will be matched with a child, under the wing of the Mirabel Foundation. For more information simply visit this linkThis is a project that I have participated in over the years, and this year is no exception.



3. I love sinking my teeth into a goody juicy burger. Who doesn't? Well actually now that I think about it, not everyone, but I think you understand my sentiment. So when I came across this burger via a Pinterest feed I just knew what I'd be adding to next weeks dinner plan. It is none other than a Jamie Oliver Insanity Burger recipe, excerpted from Jamie Oliver's Comfort Food.
Insanity Burger
Jamie Oliver's Comfort Food
4. Bashful Garter is now a fully operational fashion website with a cool new look-book and a shop stocking specially chosen high quality pieces from independent designers.
Bashful Garter lookbook