Friday 3 May 2013

An Evening with Megan Hess

    A couple of evenings ago I put on my gravity defying black buckle high heels, coffee coloured lipstik and headed into the city to The Willows for a celebration of illustrator Megan Hess and her book Fashion House: Illustrated Interiors from the Icons of Style.
    The first part of the evening was spent looking through a gallery of Megan's work, talking with other fellow attendees of this soiree, and eating canapes [a first for me]. Champagne and wine was also on the menu but being that I was a bit dehydrated upon arrival I simply had a glass of water.
    Further into the evening we were led to a conservatory. From there we watched and listened to a relaxed, couch side conversation with Megan Hess, conducted by Sally Williams.
    Then we finished the evening with a book signing, which included a quick chat with the lovely illustrator of the hour.
    It was a happy and inspiring evening for me. At a time when I was thinking of retiring my drawing hand, Megan encouraged me to keep at it. I also learnt that she works with Japanese brush pens, so that'll be next on my art supply list.
    Oh, and I just have to say, Megan's book, Fashion House, is dreamy and gorgeous. It is a wonderful piece to have in my library. I have been staring at the pages every day since I came home with it.