Monday 3 September 2012

Sunday Treats

    Last week was something of a shocker. The Cold was doing its rounds again. I actually think getting sick three times in one winter was something of a record for me. But once the weekend came and halfway through Saturday things were starting to be on the up and up.
    Saturday I took my eldest and husband to a roller skating rink and had a fun afternoon of it.
    Then on Sunday the whole family was invited out to a BBQ lunch. My favourite piece was the basil pesto pasta - something I want to recreate further down the track. For dessert there was a death-by-toblerone cheesecake, topped with whipped cream. It was supremely delicious and would have satisfied even Marie Antoinette. Of course I couldn't get through it, partly because I was still digesting the steak and pasta. We didn't even get to try the custard tarts - that's just how full every one was.

Photography by Melissa Gaggiano
 
Photography by Melissa Gaggiano