Friday 16 March 2012

Going Old School

    Things have been quietly busy. I have been trying to balance my days so that nothing is left to the wayside. I have been staying on top of clean ups [although I must admit, that even though I vacuumed this morning, I cannot bring myself to clean the dishes], playing with the girls and fitting in my craft work between all that. Plus making a little time to read.
    My crochet project is still in progress. I always aim to make a minimum of 3 squares a day.
    I am reading Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility for the umpteenth time.

    This week I felt like I had lost one of my senses. My camera, an Canon EOS 1100D, has gone away for maintenance. I hardly missed an opportunity to take photos with this camera. In fact the camera was whipped out every couple of hours, of every day. What can I say? There was always something interesting to photograph.
    After a few days of photographer's withdrawal it occured to me that I was not completely camera-less. I crawled under the house and pulled out my old Ricoh KR-5 Super II, and bought some old fashioned film from down the road. Thank goodness ISO 400 is still sold.
Image by Melissa Gaggiano

    Now I'll be able to do a photoshoot at the local Swing Dancing event on the weekend. Woo-hoo! Photographer's delight! Here I come.