Wednesday 15 February 2012

Admiration, Projects, Ideas and Music

    So what is happening in the world of Melissa? I am reading Neon Angel by Cherie Currie and I am hooked, line and sinker. I am so into it that I have created an ipod playlist that includes Joan Jet, David Bowie, Blondie, Billy Idol, The Divinyls. What is the theme here? Well I guess it's vintage rock mixed with essence of pop - old school baby. 

Neon Angel written by Cherie Currie, with Tony O'Neill

    I am also working on my granny square project - 52 squares down. I just gotta work on that momentum.
    I am brainstorming new photography ideas. And of course Cherie's book has been inspiring me and I have had a whole bunch of fresh ideas burning a hole in my brain since 3 o'clock this morning. So you can imagine I am a bit tired this morning.
    I have saved my first piece for my eventual pinhole camera. It is a baby formula cannister. My next step will be to spray the inside of the can with black matte paint.
    Yonks ago I had a Vogue magazine with this creative fashion shoot involving balloons. I was reminded of the photoshoot when my daughters were playing with balloons the other day. The photography in question was by Sølve Sundsbø and here are some examples from his balloon fashion shoot...

Image by Sølve Sundsbø 


Image by Sølve Sundsbø


Image by Sølve Sundsbø


Image by Sølve Sundsbø


Image by Sølve Sundsbø


Image by Sølve Sundsbø


Image by Sølve Sundsbø