Wednesday 13 April 2011

Open Book Project



I surprised myself today, upon finding a transcript of a journal I had written in my second last year of high school. Years ago I had destroyed the original hand written journal. At the time I believed this act of destruction would have a healing affect. Most people who have gone through their teen years will agree that this period was a difficult battleground. Some people learnt from the challenges, but years later some people still feel the rawness in their emotional battle scars.
The Reach organization is hosting an awesome online event known as the Open Book Project. The aim of this project is to show today’s teenagers that adults once went through similar issues when growing up. I thought this was such a wonderful opportunity, so I contributed an entry from my journal.

You can check out my old journal entry over at… http://www.theopenbookproject.com/diaryentries