Friday 29 April 2011

I Finally Got There




Hoorah-hoorah! Friday has finally touched down. And I am in a wonderful state of mind.
This morning I managed to finish knitting my scarf a week ahead of my own deadline. I think it helped playing Pride & Prejudice (the BBC series) in the background while I worked that wool and knitting needles.
This week I ate my way through a whole country’s worth of Easter chocolate. At one point my husband had to wonder “Didn’t we have four chocolate bunnies?” I nodded and pointed at my stomach. Honestly, I have such a sweet tooth for chocolate that the only way to keep me from eating it is — if it’s hidden from me, or if I actually forget that it’s in the house. I prefer the second option, because it is so exciting when you discover a massive chocolate supply weeks after you bought it. Whereas, if it’s hidden, my chocolate seeking nose will somehow, still find it out.
Lately I have been trying to do a bit more reading. The past week or so I have gotten through Jane Eyre, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, and Through the Looking Glass. The next book I intend to read on my Nintendo DS is Pilgrim’s Progress, written by John Bunyan. I think I recall this story being referenced in Little Women.
I wonder what next week has in store for me.